I recently was blogging for LITA to capture some of the key insights from the LITA Top Tech Trends Session at ALA. It was interesting to see current views on some of the emerging trends. Here are some of my key takeaways from that session:
- Adapting library applications to mobile devices will be critical
- Content is becoming less tied to specific containers such as articles or chapters
- There is a lot of interest in testing out patron-driven acquisition models
- Discovery layers are becoming more important for libraries to address fragmentation of collections
- Some new challenges are likely on the horizon for open source software implementation and support
Any other major trends that should be captured here?